Xenvio is a tool which Shipedge uses to integrate with shipping carriers such as FedEx and UPS. This discussion covers setup and configuration with a focus on what the customer needs to know about Xenvio and about how Xenvio is setup. It is not intended for the customer to be responsible for configuration, although there will be some tasks that the customer can do themselves. This discussion is meant to help the customer understand what Xenvio is, what it is doing, and why Shipedge requests certain information.
Since Xenvio passes most of the communication to Shipedge it will not be necessary for the warehouse personnel to interact with Xenvio directly in most cases.
The first step is to setup the carriers such as FedEx, UPS, and stamps.com (USPS).
1. This shows who is currently logged in and which account we are working with
2. We are currently on the carriers tab.
3. Description is the name of the carrier
4. Actions button. Clicking this gets us the pull down menu that allows us to edit the carrier information.
5. Choosing carrier accounts from the pull do menu allows us to edit the carrier information.
Carrier account setup
In the Carrier tab, select a carrier to be configured and click the actions button then choose carrier accounts.
1. Use New account to setup a new account
2. Name indicating the account. The format here is warehouse_carrier_mode. Warehouse is typically in the form XYZ# where XYZ references the customer and # allows the customer to have more than one warehouse. Mode is test (t) or production (p) and is exclusive to the FedEx
3. Account login information. This information is in a different format for each carrier but always includes some form of account number and password.
4. Warehouses. Indicates which warehouse is attached to the account information. This will get set under the warehouse tab.
A. Shipedge will send you a form named Xenvio Account requirements. This form is a spreadsheet that contains the necessary information needed to connect and login to the carriers on your behalf. The information will be entered here on the carrier tab under each carrier.
B. FedEx requires use of a test account (shown setup here) for certification. The test login information does not allow for actual shipping but will allow label generation so that the labels may be sent to FedEx for certification purposes.
Select New Warehouse or use the actions button and choose edit to make changes to an existing one.
1) The name of the warehouse. Use best practice naming conventions
2) The company Name and Phone number.
3.) List of carrier accounts. Automatically populates when additions or changes are made to the carrier account tab. Placing a check in the box here connects the warehouse with the carrier account. This allows separate warehouses to use separate carrier accounts.
4). Physical address of the warehouse.
Having separate warehouses in Shipedge/Xenvio may be due to multiple physical warehouses in different locations or it may be separate corporate brands using the same physical warehouse. The configuration here allows for using different carrier accounts or just for keeping them separate for accounting purposes. Multiple physical locations should be configured as different warehouses within the database for shipping so that pickup and delivery goes to the correct location.
1) Carrier Account tabs. Automatically created when the carrier accounts are created. Choose which carrier account to configure. Each tab is configured independently
2) Name of the shipping method. Initially this contains a default list of all available shipping methods for the carrier selected.
3) Your Shipping method code. The shipedge shipping method code will be entered here to connect shipping methods in Xenvio with those in Shipedge.
4) Surcharges. Xenvio allows 5 different forms of surcharges to be added.
5) Mail type. A drop down list of all available mail or package types available for a carrier.
6) Actions button. Rates for individual shipping methods may be configured here overriding the integration.
7) Add new config for carrier. Additional configurations may be added. Typical use is to allow multiple mail types with a single shipping method An example being Standard over night with package mail type vs Standard overnight with an envelope. Each entry would take up a separate line and could have its own separate surcharges and rates.
A. Since carrier accounts are created separately for each warehouse, the shipping methods for each warehouse and carrier combination can be configured individually with their own surcharges and uploaded rates. Likewise each shipping method and mail type combination would be configured individually with its own rates and surcharges. However, not all shipping method and mail type combinations are valid with the carrier.
The home tab contains a list of all orders sent through Xenvio separated into those that are Ready, Printed, or in Error. The ready tab contains all information recent orders that have been successfully processed by Xenvio. Orders that have been sent to Xenvio but have not been successfully processed are listed on the Error tab. All errors that are received from the carriers become part of the order information, and also get passed back to Shipedge so that the warehouse doesn’t need to login to Xenvio. The actions button has the options of Voiding the order and getting the label, but these options are also available in Shipedge.
1) Ready tab – default tab
2) Error tab – all orders sent to Xenvio that were not successfully processed.
3) Shipping number – click on this for the order information view.
Clicking on the shipping number opens the Order information page containing all the available information that Xenvio has for this order. This includes a link to the pdf of the shipping label in case it needs to be reprinted. Shipedge already has a method of reprinting a label so the warehouse will not need to come here to do so.
1) Click printer icon to reprint label.
Producing a drivers manifest is one of the few tasks the warehouse might need to directly interact with Xenvio. Currently only DHL is known to require it. Selecting the manifest tab. Previously created manifests will remain available here. Note that the manifest is actually generated and stored on DHLs website and that Xenvio actually pulled it from there. The path to that location is shown under name.
Customer note: If this is needed it will be the only direct interaction the warehouse personnel have with Xenvio. Everything else is handled through Shipedge.
Clicking New Manifest b rings up the following panel. Use the dropdown to select warehouse and carrier account and choose whether the destination includes international shipments. Then Click Create Manifest and a pdf of the manifest will be created.
Here is an example of an actual manifest. A manifest would be provided to the driver with each pickup. The second page of this manifest contains terms and conditions, as well as the a place for the signature and date of the shipper and driver.
Xenvio can be configured to choose the best rate between to multiple different carriers. A best rate must first be configured like a shipping method in Shipedge. When the best rate is chosen as the shipping method and the order is processed, Xenvio then polls the carriers for the rate for a package of this size and weight to the destination and chooses the lower price.
To add a new best rate click "add new best rate". To make changes to that best rate select the actions button associated with the best rate and choose "manage shipping codes".
Customer Note: To actually use a best rate such as BR1, choose BR1 as a shipping method in Shipedge.
The panel for configuring Best Rates is shown below. Shipping methods that have already been properly configured may be chosen from the list at the bottom and once chosen they are moved to the top as part of the best rate, in this case BR1.
1) List of shipping methods that are currently part of BR1.
2)List of Shipping methods configured for the warehouse that are not yet part of BR1 but may be chosen to be added to BR1.
3) Search bar. Entering search criteria narrows down the list of shipping methods listed making the shipping method needed easier to find.
4) Click Remove to removed the associated shipping method
5) click Add to add the associated shipping method.