How to use and navigate the Replenishments page in Shipedge.
Using the Replenishments page in Shipedge for vendors is very simple and easy to understand after running through the different options and features of this page. It is laid out in the same way and fashion of the rest of the pages in Shipedge to make it easier to navigate. There is a menu at the top with three options a filter option underneath and a table with the replenishments information below. The menu at the top as the following three options:
1. Add Replenishment – Used to add a single new replenishment in Shipedge.
2. Upload CSV – Used to upload multiple different new SKUs into Shipedge using a CSV file (Comma Separated Value). Takes you to the Upload Products page that is described in the Inventory Tab page.
3. Archived History – Link to see an archive of all past replenishment uploads.
Underneath the menu is the filter options which you can use to narrow down your search and view of the different replenishments for your account. Below the filters is the actual replenishments table with all the information regarding all of your replenishments. The table is laid out in the following fashion:
6. Number – The row number of that replenishment.
7. Replenishment ID – The identification number used to identify that specific replenishment. Can be clicked on to open up a detailed page of that specific replenishment.
8. Purchase Order Number – The purchase order number of the replenishment.
9. Supplier – The supplier that is providing and shipping the replenishment products to the warehouse/fulfillment center.
10. Tracking Number – The tracking number of the replenishment package (if it has already been shipped).
11. Status – The current status of the replenishment package.
12. Comment – Any extra comments that are added to the replenishment order.
13. Expected Delivery Date – The expected arrival/delivery date of the replenishment when it is scheduled to arrive at the warehouse/fulfillment center.
14. Date requested – The date that the replenishment was requested by the vendor to the supplier.
15. Quantity Pre-Sync – If you wish to sync your replenishment inventory quantity with the available in warehouse quantity you would check this box. Only used if you are certain that your replenishment is arriving soon and you wish to start fulfilling orders with the new inventory before it actually arrives to the warehouse.
16. Submit – Used to submit incomplete replenishment requests.
17. Action Column – This column has three different options, the Inline Edit option which just allows you to edit the replenishment attributes and information, the View option which lets you open up the replenishments details page and the Delete option which deletes the replenishment.
18. Download – This column has two options, one to Download the replenishment information/details and some have an ARRIVED text below it if the replenishment has already arrived at the warehouse/fulfillment center.
You can also click on the two buttons that are listed below and above the replenishments table:
Add – Links you to the same page as the Add Replenishments page in the replenishments menu.
Upload CSV – Links you to the same page as the Upload CSV page in the replenishments menu.
Add Replenishments Page
The Add Replenishments page is a straight forward page with a few options that must be selected to add a new replenishments into Shipedge. This screen shows the first step of the add replenishments process.
1. Supplier Name – The name of the supplier that is shipping the replenishment.
2. Purchase Order Number – The purchase order number of the new replenishment.
3. Tracking Number – The tracking number of the new replenishment after it ships.
4. Comments – Any comments left about the new replenishment.
5. Expected Delivery Date – The expected delivery or arrival date of the new replenishment.
6. Quantity Pre-Sync – A checkbox that should only be checked if you are certain that you want to count the new replenishment quantity as already in the warehouse so you can start fulfilling new orders so by the time the actual replenishment arrives with the new inventory they are ready to be picked and packed and shipped out. Should only be used if you are certain about the expected date.
7. Add – Click on the Add button when you are done filling in the above information for the new replenishment.
Replenishment Details Page
The Replenishments Details page that can be reached by clicking on the Replenishment ID on the Replenishments page or by clicking on the View option on the right column takes you to the screen where you can see specific details as to the quantity and SKUs that are associated with a replenishment. In this case I opened up a Replenishment that was in incomplete status to show you what the replenishments details page looks like as well as the part 2 of the Add Replenishments process. Since this is an incomplete replenishment request the second part of the add replenishments process is choosing which SKUs you wish to replenish as well as the quantity requested. You do this by clicking on the Add SKUs to Procedure button at the top of the page to select the SKUs you wish to add to the replenishment. The SKUs that are associated with the new replenishment are listed in the table below which has SKUs information as well as the option to delete them and print their individual barcodes, or in bulk by selecting all. The actual replenishment information is listed in the yellow table at the top of the page. After you have finished you can click on the Submit Replenishment button on the right of the yellow table to submit the replenishment to your supplier.
For a complete replenishment details page it will look exactly like this except without the Submit Replenishment button at the top right and it will only show you replenishment information as well as the SKUs associated with the replenishment you are viewing and the quantity of each SKU associated with the replenishment.
Archived History Replenishments Page
The Replenishments Archives page shows all past replenishments that were entered and recorded into Shipedge. As with most other pages in Shipedge you have the option to filter the Replenishments that are listed in the replenishments table below. The table has some icons of different replenishment statuses above it with the quantity of replenishments in that status on the bottom right of the icon text. The two types of statuses shown on this page are:
1. Processed Status – The replenishment has already been processed completely and the new inventory has been added to the warehouse inventory.
2. Partially Processed – The replenishment has been started to be processed but has not been completely finished.
The replenishment table below has the following headers.
3. Replenishments ID – The identification number for the replenishment. This number can be clicked on to open up a detailed page of that specific replenishment.
4. Purchase Order Number – The purchase order number for the replenishment.
5. Supplier – The supplier that supplied that specific replenishment.
6. Tracking Number – The tracking number for the replenishment if it has been shipped.
7. Status – The status of the replenishment.
8. Comment – Any comments that were added to the replenishment.
9. Date Requested – The date that the replenishment was requested by the vendor to the supplier.
10. Date Received – The date that the replenishment was received by the warehouse/fulfillment center.
11. Total Cost $ – The total cost of the replenishment to the vendor.
12. Archive – This column has the archive button which allows you to archive the specific replenishment.