Creating Dock Locations
- 1Click inventory tab to set up your staging area
- 2Then select Warehouse from the drop down menu
Go to the locations link on the top right of the page.
Click the "add locations" button
A form just like the above image will be available to you to create staging locations. Follow the below steps to create staging locations. Note: For further information on how to create staging locations click here
- 1Your location must include two dashes (-DOCK1-) somewhere in the name.
- 2The bin Init must have a letter (A-Z) followed by a number (1-9), then a dash (-) followed by 3 digit number (200)
- 3Select 3 percentages (%%%) to allow the 3 digit numbers continue
- 4Default volume is set at 1
- 5Sort option can be left blank
- 6Save location to create your staging area
Creating new bins
- On the location created, click generate new bins on the right far end
- 1Volume - This is the square foot volume of the BIN.
- 2Quantity of BINs - The amount of BINs that you wish to create. If you only
want one BIN enter the number 1. If you need a series then enter the amount you need.
- 3Submit - Click the Submit button once you have entered all the information
Printing bin tags
- 1Go to the staging location you created and expand to view the bins
- 2Select all to print all the bins created
- 3Or you can select the number of bins tags you would like to print
- 4Select your preferred size paper , click either "print tag 4x6 labels" or "Print tag 4x1" to print
- 1Set the layout on portrait
- 2If your zebra printer setting has already been set up, select user defined on paper size ( see printer settings video below)
- 3Set the margins to none
- 4Click print after completing set up
Receiving Inventory - Momentum
Go to the Shipedge App and select Momentum from the main menu
- 1Enter or Scan SKU - This is where your sku number or name will go.
- 2Next button - Select next to move to the next screen or
- 3Add new template – click the + button then take a picture.
- 4Ok button – To create a new template, click Ok then you will be prompted to create a new template
- 1Select Account - This is where your sku number or name will go.
- 2Description - Whatever description you would like to attach to this sku should be entered here. Previous descriptions will be listed below, you can use the same description by clicking one of these.
- 3Next - Press to add sku to the system when you are finished on this screen.
- 1Enter or scan bin/loc - Here you can either enter or scan a bin or location
- 2Qty - Update quantity you are receiving
- 3Send - Updates the system and ends workflow
- 1Click Done to complete process
- 2To start a new entry, click New Sku and you will be directed to the "Receiving new screen" listed at the beginning of this lesson
- 3To receive another item for the same sku, click Same sku and you will be directed to the "Receiving - add quantity" page
Putting Away Inventory - Inventory Control
On Shipedge app main menu, select inventory control
- 1Scan one of the listed items in to the field to select the bin product to update.
- 2Click send to go to the next screen
Once bin/product is scanned, details of inventory is displayed on the next screen. Here you will see the information about the payment.
- 1This is the customer account name
- 2Description of item or preferred identification
- 3Bin number and volume
- 4Sku or PO number
- 5Quantity in bin
- 6Current location of the bin
- 7Product barcode
- 8Universal product code
To put away inventory in to its location ( eg. from dock) follow the below steps.
- 1Click swap from the options
- 2Scan the new bin location
- 3Click ok to go to the next screen.
You will receive a confirmation with updated location, bin and PO/SKU number verifying your item has been put away.
- 1New item location
- 2Updated bin number if any
- 3Click ok to complete the process
Receiving Scheduled Orders
- 1When ready to receive orders, go to Shipedge web and click pending
- 2Then click "Get new orders" tab to download orders
Note: Getting all orders may take few minutes depending on the amount of orders
Assigning items to be picked
- 1Go to Processing on Shipedge web and list of orders being process will be listed
- 2Select the boxes you need to process on the far right or click the "all" box to select all orders
- 3Click drop down box to select a picker then click assign
- 4Click assign button
Picking Items for Packing
Once orders are assigned on the web, the person assigned will receive a notification on the top right of the Shipedge app. On the app, click Pick and Pack main menu to start the picking process.
- 1Enter/scan shipping number
- 2Select batch picking
- 3Select start pick and Pack button
The next screen will guide you on how many items you need to pick from each location.
- 1BIN – The BIN / location that you must go to so you can pick the item(s)
- 2Total # Picks From BIN – The number of items you need to pick from the BIN that is shown. Example - we would have to go to BIN A1-208 and get 6 items from that BIN.
- 30 of # – This is the amount of items that have already been picked out of the total amount required. Since we haven’t picked any yet it shows 0 of 6.
- 4Pick: # & Tray # - this will show you the amount that needs to be picked for each tray
- 5Number Picked – This box is to enter amount of items you are picking. You can use either the + and - Buttons to change the number after you have scanned the bin.
- 6Pack – The pack button is clicked once you are ready to begin packing the items you have picked. You should only click this when you have picked all the items.
The picking screen will let you know where you have to go in the warehouse by displaying the location and the bin you need to go to the get the item.
- 1Location - where you need to go in the warehouse
- 2Bin - what box in that location you need to pick from.
Once all the items are picked, click on the Pack button on the Pick screen you will be taken to the packing screen.
Each tray that you have picked items into is assigned to a box
- 1Each tray that you have picked items into is assigned to a box
- 2Pack those items from the tray specified in box 2 into the box / packaging specified on the packing list or app.
- 3Scan shipping number and click pack
Download Tracking Information
When ready to receive orders, you must download orders on Shipedge web. This will pull all orders from your TMS system.
Note: This process may take a few minutes to an hour.
- 1Click on Pending on Shipedge web
- 2Click on get new orders to download orders
Tracking shipped items (shipped complete history)
After items are picked from warehouse and shipped, you will be able to see history of shipped items by going to shipping tab on Shipedge web. You will also be able to sort and search shipped items by date, account etc
Processing Returned Items
- 1Go to Shipedge app and select Inventory control to process returned items
- 2Scan the SKU/ PO
- 3Click send
The next window will display details of the item being returned. here you will be able to select a new location for the returned item.
- 1Click swap to start the process of returns
- 2Scan the UPC/SKU
- 3Click ok
- 4Scan the new bin location and click ok
- 5An updated quantity will appear on the next window, click ok and move to the next item
This piece of documentation is for current customers of Shipedge only.
Please login below to get access to this content.