Before creating a Replenishment, be sure to read the Shipedge Replenishment Guidelines.
You may create Replenishments in two ways: Manually or by CSV. The process of creating a replenishment by CSV is identical to the process of importing products. The only difference is that you will need to include quantities under the Quantity column in your CSV file.
Note: One of the most common and easiest ways is by uploading a spreadsheet in CSV format. CSV stands for comma separated values, and it looks like this: “value”,”value”,”value”, etc. We recommend using OpenOffice to create and edit this type of files (which is free). If you use Excel, you will need to save your file as .CSV, but make sure it is the correct .CSV format because there are plenty of them.
First, go to Replenishment and click on “Upload CSV”
1. Click on the Replenishment tab
2. Click on “Upload CSV”
This will take you to the “Import Products” screen, which you can also access from the Inventory tab.
Create a CSV file by downloading the template provided
Please read the documentation in this screen before filling in the data. Once you’ve done so, follow these steps:
1. Click on the Download Template icon
2. Open the file in your computer: We recommend using OpenOffice (which is free software).
3. Populate the information following the instructions provided in the screen.
NOTE: Make sure to leave the header names in the file.
Fill in your SKUs and Quantities
Fill in your information here, but make sure not to change the column headers as doing so will prevent you from uploading the CSV into Shipedge correctly.
If you’re entering information for a SKU that’s going to arrive at our warehouse but isn’t yet in our system, uploading the Replenishment will create the SKU for you, (which is pretty great).
Upload your CSV file:
1. Click the “Browse” button, and a pop-up window will appear. Select the .CSV file you wish to import.
2. Click “Add” and wait a few seconds.
Results will display after uploading your .CSV file
This view shows the list of all the .CSV files you have uploaded.
– Records in file: How many lines of data were recognized from your file.
– Successfully Imported: Number of SKUs that were created in Shipedge.
– Already in System: SKUs that will not be created because they already exist in Shipedge
– SKUs not Imported below: Shows those SKUs that are missing required information, like SKU, Description, Declared Value, etc.
– IF EMPTY: If the results column is empty, it means that the information in your file was not recognized.
NOTE: If you entered quantities, you will see a Replenishment title and a link to the replenishment associated with your upload.
tip: Click on Details to see the list of all the SKUs created or already in the system.
Go the the Replenishment ID you have just created
At this point, your Replenishment has been created, but it’s not yet complete (and thus, not visible to the warehouse).
First, verify all your data. If you need to make changes, you can do so by clicking the Grid Edit link.
Once you’ve checked everything over, notify the warehouse of this Replenishment by clicking the “Submit Replenishment” button.
tip: You can download a purchase order to your supplier from this screen by clicking the “Download” link (1).