How to: Create a Replenishment (Manually)
Replenishments in Shipedge do two things:
1. Create a Purchase Order (that you can send to your supplier) and at the same time
2. Create an Advanced Shipment Notification so that the warehouse knows what and when to expect in inbound shipments from your supplier to the warehouse.
You can upload your Replenishments in CSV or create Replenishments manually, taking advantage of our forecasting tools.
Add a new replenishment
1. Log in to your Shipedge account and select “Replenishment” on the main menu
2. Click on the “Add” link in the Replenishment view.
Identify your shipment:
1. Enter the sender’s name as it appears in the label of the box your supplier is sending to our warehouse.
2. If you have a special requirement or want to tell something to the receiving clerk, please enter your comments in the comments area.
3. Tell the warehouse when should they expect this shipment. It does not have to be a exact date, but this field is required and may only be a future date.
4. If you have integration in place (channel automation), your inventory quantities in Shipedge and your channel(s) are continuously being synced (so you don’t oversell). If you click on the check box, Shipedge will sync products in this Replenishment while they are in transit to the warehouse. This way you can start selling them before your products arrive. Obviously, we recommend checking with your supplier first to make sure that your whole Purchase Order (PO) will be filled.
NOTE: If you know the tracking number of your Replenishment or have an easier way to identify it, please place that information in the comments area.
Add SKUs to the Replenishment
Shipedge shows you 20 records per page by default, but you can change this setting using the “Records Per Page” drop-down list.
1. Select the supplier that you wish to order a replenishment from and then click on the “search” button. Shipedge will show you all the SKUs that you have on your inventory for this supplier.
2. You can search for the SKU you wish to order from the Inventory view or you may also type the SKU inside the search box.
3. Enter the quantity you wish to order inside the “P.O. Qty” field.
4. When you are done entering the SKUs you wish to order, just click the “Insert” button to add them to this Replenishment. Shipedge will assign a unique Replenishment ID number once you insert the Replenishment.
Submit a Replenishment
Once you have entered all the SKUs for your Replenishment, you may click on the “Submit Replenishment” button and the Replenishment will appear on the Replenishment screen in Shipedge’s main menu.
You may also download the Replenishment. Shipedge will provide you with two download formats: PDF and CSV.
TIP: Click on the total amount to directly download your Purchase Order in .pdf format. (You can configure the .pdf under My Account Preferences, communication templates.)
After a Replenishment is submitted, Shipedge will keep you updated on its status.
Incomplete Status: This replenishment has not been submitted and is not visible by the warehouse.
In-transit Status: A Replenishment you have submitted which is visible by the warehouse but one you may still edit.
Processing Status: The warehouse has received the shipment and is entering the product into ShipEdge as they put it away. If applicable, they will start fulfilling orders immediately.
– You may no longer edit your Replenishments if its status is “Processing.”
NOTE: A Replenishment’s status might be “Processing” for a long time, for example, if a supplier left some backorder items to be filled later (i.e Partial Replenishment). Please let the warehouse know if you require a Replenishment to be closed even if received incomplete. You can communicate to the warehouse whether you want them to close incomplete Replenishments or leave them open by adding comments to each Replenishment.
Processed Replenishment archive
Once the warehouse receives and processes your Replenishment, they will archive it. Shipedge shows you all the Replenishments that have been processed at the bottom of the Replenishment screen.
If you wish to search for a Replenishment history, Shipedge gives several ways to look for it. You can search an old replenishment by: Request ID, Supplier, Comments, Status, DateRequest, DateStatus.
Shipedge will show all Replenishments whose archived status is Unpaid, and you can update this information by marking it as Paid on the last field of this view. The total amount of each Replenishment will be also shown on this view.
Processed Replenishments History
Shipedge shows you the history of all Replenishments associated with your account and all the relevant information such as Replenishment ID, Supplier’s name, etc.
This page also shows you if you received the quantity you requested for each SKU. If your supplier sends you more or less of a SKU, Shipedge will point this out. (Red records indicate less of a SKU while yellow indicate more.)