Pick & Pack – Basics
How you will get Order Information for Picking
It's possible to load orders for the picking process in several different ways :
Receive pick and pack info via app alerts
Get alerts right in your Shipedge Mobile App.
When you are assigned an order or multiple orders. An alert will pop up under an icon in the top right that is shaped like a bell.
* The alerts screen may have notifications for multiple workflows besides pick and pack
Scan pick and pack sheets into the app
Receive paper packing lists to scan into device for picking. You can scan one list to start picking or multiple orders to pick in batch
How to Set Up Picking Trays
The easiest way to batch pick is to place each packing slip into a box on a picking cart.
This is because each shipping number (order) you scan/enter will be assigned to a box.
Example: The first shipping number will be box 1, the second will be box 2, etc.
The App will tell you which items you have to pick for which box.
How its done - If you go to a certain bin to pick your first items and you need 10 of those items for three separate orders. The application will tell you how many items go into each order/box so you only have to go to that bin one time.
Pick Your First Order
Once you press the Start Pick And Pack on the initial screen after scanning all the orders you wish to pick the popup below will appear with directions as to which is the first BIN you must go to to pick the first item you need.
There will be sound effects that will alert the user of when they must move to a new BIN or if they made an error in scanning the wrong BIN/product.
Picking Screen - Basic Overview
- 1BIN – The BIN / location that you must go to so you can pick the item(s)
- 2Total # Picks From BIN – The number of items you need to pick from the BIN that is shown. Example - we would have to go to BIN A1-208 and get 6 items from that BIN.
- 30 of # – This is the amount of items that have already been picked out of the total amount required. Since we haven’t picked any yet it shows 0 of 6.
- 4Pick: # & Tray # -
- 5Number Picked – This box is to enter amount of items you are picking. You can use either the + Button and the - Button to change the number after you have scanned the bin.
- 6Pack – The pack button is clicked once you are ready to begin packing the items you have picked. You should only click this when you have picked all the items.
Picking Screen - Advanced Tips & Tricks
- 1Add Packaging – Allows you to add packaging to be used for an order.
- 2Totals – You may click on this number to enter it in via keyboard for large numbers.
- 3Camera Barcode Scanner – If you click this icon, the camera based barcode scanner will launch and you can scan via the camera.
- 4Options - Will show workflows to fix errors. See image below.
Packing Your First Box / Order
Once you press the Pack button on the Pick screen (the last step/photo) you will be taken to the packing screen. There you can start the packing process to prepare all your orders for outbound.
Packing Screen - Basic Overview
- 1Pack – This is the number of products you must pack into the current box.
- 2Packed – This is the number of products you have already packed into the current box.
- 3Tray# – This is the box # that you are placing the current products into.
- 4Shipping # – This is the shipping # that belongs to the current box you are packing.
- 5Shipping # Textbox – This is where the current shipping # will appear after you scan it.
- 6Pack Button – Click this after you have packed the correct amount of items into the current box.
Packing Screen - Advanced Tips & Tricks
- 1Product Information – These rows give you information about the product you are packing.
- 2Camera Barcode Scanner – If you click this icon, the camera based barcode scanner will launch and you can scan via the camera.
- 3Cancel Button – You can click the cancel button at any time to exit the process. When you return you will be brought back to where you left off.
Important Details :
Finishing Pick & Pack
Once you click Pack on the last box /order the pack screen will disappear and you will be brought back to the Pick & Pack home screen.
The packing lists section should be empty, letting you know that you have successfully picked and packed all your orders.